Current Features (as of the Latest Release)
Build custom 3D voxel models!
- Create tiles, objects, and characters up to 32x32x48 in size
- Animate your models using the frame-by-frame (stop-motion) animation functionality
- Import from MagicaVoxel .vox files
- Export one or more frames to the .OBJ format
Create your own tile-based worlds!
- Build maps using your tiles, objects, and characters
- Preview and select from your available resources using the resource selection panel
- Easily customize the navigation and interaction between tiles and objects
- Add scripts to tiles and objects that can be activated by the player
Give speech to your characters!
- Create simple dialogue for interacting with NPCs
Trigger actions and events!
- Create scripts in the visual drag-and-drop editor for triggering events such as:
- Displaying a message
- Giving an item to the player
- Loading a map
- Playing an animation for an object
- And many, many more to come...
Design items and equipment!
- Basic item inventory and container functionality
- Create items in the Item Editor and assign an image
- Place items into containers (such as treasure chests) in the Map Editor for the player to take
Play and distribute your game!
- Export your game to either the Windows or Linux platform (32-bit and 64-bit). The exported game contains two files (an executable and a package with your game's resources) which can be easily distributed as a standalone product.
The list below contains many of the major features (in no particular order) that I would like to implement into RPG in a Box at some point in the future. These are in addition to improving and expanding upon the features above that are already implemented.
- Customizable UI (colors, fonts, cursors, etc.)
- Currency system
- Merchant system for buying and selling of items
- Customizable stats/combat systems
- Party system for multiple characters
- Quest system
- Save game support
- Sound effects (custom and built-in)
- Day/night cycles and weather systems
- Particle system
- Custom model textures
- Pixel image editor for creating item/UI images
- Shaders for more varied visual styles
- Additional scripting functions to give the user as much control as possible
- Random dungeon generation and other roguelike features
- Controller support
- Additional language support